Registration Discounts for General Public
****Fall 2021 UPDATE*****: Our normal discount policies are not in effect for some “virtual” programming. These discounts apply to in-person events.
Discounts For the General Public (please note: First Time discounts apply only toward Adventure in Ideas seminars, and can not be combined with a seminar also being counted as 3 or More seminar):
- 3 or More Weekend Seminar Discount: Register for three or more weekend seminars (Adventures in Ideas and Dialogues) and receive a discount. This discount is applied on a per transaction basis.
- First Time Discount: $30.00 Discount off the tuition of an Adventures in Ideas seminar. This one-time per person discount is only available by calling us at 919.962.1544.
- Flyleaf Season Pass: Register for all Humanities in Action Wednesdays and receive a special discounted price. If you’re a GAA Member, you’ll receive an even bigger discount!
Registration Discounts for Teachers
- 50% tuition discount to all Adventures in Ideas Seminars for current K-12 and Community College Teachers (Does not apply to Dialogue Seminars)
- Teachers are also eligible for a $75 travel stipend. Stipends are only available for Adventures in Ideas Seminars and can only be claimed once a semester.
- Please note: CPH’s “first time participant’s discount” or a “three or more discount” may not be combined with teacher discounts. Unfortunately, funding restrictions do not allow us to offer discounts/stipends to substitute or retired teachers.
- Stipends and discounts are provided courtesy of the Daisy Edmister Teacher Support Fund.
UNC Students, Staff, & Faculty Registration Policy
All currently enrolled UNC-CH students, faculty, and staff are welcome to attend the Humanities in Action series at Flyleaf Books. Please present your One Card at the door for admission. Please note that paying participants receive priority registration.
UNC-CH faculty and staff are eligible for a 50% discount on the tuition for our weekend seminars. Advance registration is required, and optional meals are full price. Online registration is not available for UNC-CH faculty and staff. To register, call 919-962-1544.
UNC-CH graduate and undergraduate students are invited to attend our weekend seminars free of charge, space permitting, but advance registration is required. Students may request to register beginning the Monday before the seminar by calling our main phone number, 919-962-1544, or by emailing our registrar at email@example.com. Any optional meals are full price.
For all other students, please contact Max Owre at firstname.lastname@example.org for special student initiative pricing.
If an event is cancelled, the full tuition amount will be refunded or can be applied as credit towards other programming.
Participants who need to cancel a seminar will receive a refund for tuition (minus a $30 administrative fee per Adventures in Ideas seminar, or $15 fee per Dialogues seminar) for cancellations made at least one business day before a seminar. Refunds for optional meals will be made in full for cancellations made by noon, two business days prior to a seminar.
If you have any questions, please send us an email at email@example.com, or call our main line, (919) 962-1544 during Monday-Friday office hours.